Adventure Ocean Passages
Adventure Ocean Passages are ideal non-stop ocean sail training passages for motivated sailors keen to gain offshore passage making skills and experience including mastering seamanship, navigation and heavy weather tactics.
- 1 Practical use of all skippering skills gained.
- 2 Offshore Yacht Preparation:
- Preparing to sail in a situation where a safe haven is not available for security by ensuring equipment is reliable and developing a sense of self-reliance.
- 3 Offshore Passage Planning, Navigation and Routing:
- Upgrading navigational strategy and planning required when sailing greater distances of open water. Fully understanding current effects, sea patterns, wave state and weather routing.
- 4 Gulf Stream:
- Understanding and properly utilizing oceanic currents and eddies.
- 5 Offshore Communications:
- Understanding how to maintain contact with the rest of the world for weather, satellite telephone calls or a friendly VHF "hello" with a passing vessel.
- 6 Handling and Preparing for Emergencies:
- Providing medical attention onboard while at sea. Familiarity and proficient use of all personal and onboard emergency equipment.
- 7 Heavy Weather and Overboard Recovery:
- Focus on potential heavy weather tactics and heavy weather recovery methods.
Please read our Ocean Passage Guidance notes.
For Ocean Yachtmaster qualifying passages please look at our long distance Ocean Passage schedules.