Sail from Quinto do Lorde in Madeira to Ponta Delgada in San Miguel (Azores) and feel the rhythm of the Atlantic Ocean swell, the wind in your hair and fabulous sunrises and sunsets.
This 7 day trip includes a 4 day passage from Madeira and is a good introduction to real offshore sailing and watchkeeping, gaining plenty of miles for your log book.
If you plan to become an Ocean Yachtmaster in the future this trip also provides valuable sea miles and the opportunity to learn the practicalities without the responsibility. The skipper is an RYA Yachtmaster instructor and is very happy to share with you his knowledge gained through years of experience.
We do not start the ocean passage straight away, but spend our first few days familiarising ourselves with the boat and sailing along the spectacular coastline of Madeira.
This is a non commercial trip and you will only be contributing to the basic running costs of the boat which are food, water, gas, diesel and marina fees. This is a considerable saving over the commercial price of €1,440pp.
Our Sailing Adventure Highlights
- Sailing beneath an ocean night sky.
- Using a sextant and getting an accurate position.
- Learning how to helm in all conditions.
- Experiencing the beauty of sunrises and sunsets.
- Relaxing and enjoying being away from the hustle and bustle of the busy office.
- Day 1 Arrive on board 1800.
- Welcome reception, introductions and itinerary discussion. Dinner served on board at 20.00
- Day 2 Breakfast followed by safety brief and skills drills. Afternoon depart Madeira and sail NW for Ponta Delgada, 555nm away.
- Day 3,4,5
- Day 7 Arrive Ponta Delgada, late evening.
- Day 8 Breakfast, depart
- Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meals.
- Accommodation on board during your stay.
- Safety equipment including lifejackets and safety harness.
- All mooring fees.
- Fuel, Gas and Water.
- Meals ashore.
- Travel and transfers.
- Travel & medical insurance.
IMPORTANT Please read our Ocean Passage Guidance notes.